Translate

Monday 27 September 2010

Ravel Piano Concerto, first performance.

After the stressful lead up to my Ravel concerto performance on Saturday, I was feeling some what deflated due to long days, lots of driving, filming and my continuing academic studies at the RCM. That deflated feeling soon passed when I attended the first rehearsal of the Ravel with the Trinity Orchestra who instantly made me feel welcome and relaxed.
As it was my first time playing with an orchestra I was delighted to be fortunate enough to make my concerto debut with such a friendly orchestra, who despite being an 'amateur' orchestra, sounded absolutely amazing.
The actual performance on Saturday evening proved to be a success, it felt so great to be playing such a monumental concerto with full orchestra, the difference between practicing it on my own then performing it with the orchestra is just astonishing. So pleased I've had a good experience with this concerto,  and I can't wait to play it with an orchestra again.