Translate

Sunday 12 December 2010

AMI Awards

Apologies for the lack of blogs...but alas I am finally updating you guys on what's been going on. I can finally shed some light on that previous blog post 'Exciting News.' Some of you will know this already but the exciting news was that I recently was presented with an AMI Award at the London Studios. Heres a bit of info about what the awards are about:

The new Ability Media International (AMI) Awards scheme has been developed by leading figures in the media industries and is designed to promote the vision, objectives, and mission of Leonard Cheshire Disability. They will identify outstanding creative projects, with the aim of encouraging a more inclusive world.
The Ability Media International Awards 2009
Winners will be chosen for their creative excellence and social relevance. Successful work will clearly demonstrate how people facing major physical, mental, emotional or social challenges, or who come from under-represented groups in society, have been involved in, positively represented by, or assisted with their work.
Nominations come from three sources:
  • the Ability Media Board of distinguished representatives selected from across the media industries
  • the Ability Media International Advisory group of similar figures based throughout the world
  • and a range of individuals, advisors and key organisations with an in-depth knowledge of the Arts’ world.












As I said before, I was absolutely delighted and honored to have learned about this award. The day itself was great, albeit a long one. The ceremony was a glitzy affair with some very emotional stories from other award winners. I gave a piano performance at the end of the ceremony where I was backed with a wonderful male voice choir called Eschoir where we performed Nessun Dorma together, was a fantastic experience to perform with them. The presenter of the show was the lovely actress and singer Janie Dee who took us through the emotional ceremony. A good day was had by all and am so pleased to have been recognised for the award. I will be adding pictures to my Facebook Nicholas McCarthy, Pianist  but here is me and Janie after the awards and me with my award.